Thursday, September 18, 2014

My Personal Logo

 
 So I finally finished my logo and this is how it turned out! I used a tutorial that I talked about in my last post to make this. I did add some extra touches such as the color scheme and the star in the center.
   My process started out with sketches, I worked through some basic ideas to get me started on making this logo. The next thing I had to do was apply my ideas to illustrator. To make my ideas work I looked up a tutorial, the link is here.
   The reason I added the star was because I felt the logo itself was kind of plain so an extra element was needed. I then looked through the tools. My original idea was to use a heart but once I saw the star tool I knew that would look amazing.
   The color palate was a mix of my favorite colors. I took three different shades of blue to add depth the the ribbon. then for the center I used white for the details to give it a classy look. The center part to the star was accidental because I originally was going to make the center of the star the same color as the rest of the green but the slightly different shade made the accent pop and made the other color choices blend well together.
   Something I really need to work on is my knowledge of shortcuts. Several times I had to stop mid-work and google how to find a specific tool to continue with my creative process.
   I enjoyed this project because of the creative freedom. I had a lot of fun working with the program illustrator because it is new to me and there is a lot of different things I can do with it. I look forward to my next creative project like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment