Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spheres form Illustrator and Photoshop

   The first sphere I made was the illustrator sphere, I used this tutorial to make it. I first watched the tutorial and then began to use some of the same steps that he had used. But instead of the same concept I changed it completely. I made a different pattern and instead of the glowing effect I gave it a simple american flag look with all the stars and stripes.

  The next sphere I made was the photoshop one. I used this tutorial. Unlike the illustrator project I stayed on track and made exactly what the tutorial wanted. The reason for this is that I am unfamiliar with photoshop and still need a lot of work to become use to it enough to take a more creative approach. 

   I did notice a lot of similarities with photoshop and illustrator but there were also many many differences. One of the main differences was the way they operate. Photoshop, to me, seemed more like you were actually drawing. While illustrator was a lot more stiff with more rules. It doesn't have as much free hand like I am use to but it still was simple to use. The next thing I noticed was there were more helpful tools in illustrator. I think in time wise illustrator is the better choice as long as your project doesn't need much detail. photoshop depends a lot more on the persons skill level and experience, making it the more difficult program. 

1 comment:

  1. REALLY nice gradient. It actually glows. Please add your hand drawn sphere to the Red Sphere post for full credit. Nice work as usual!!

    ReplyDelete